Monday, September 21, 2009

Too Cool For School

April, 2006
It was as if my life stopped after eighth grade. I had no clue what to expect, I had never been to High school and as far as I knew, it was a big mysterious part of my future that I knew nothing about.

The excitement rushed through me. No, it coursed through my veins. I could not wait to finally be done with junior high.

Ok so I lied, but only a little. The excitement wasn't coursing, it was more like a slow drip through my veins, it was my apprehension that was building. How was I going to handle all of my classes? Which ones should I take? How was I going to make it on time? Who was I going to be friends with, if I even had any? And most importantly, what was it going to be like???

"You can order a pizza to any of your classes, which by the way, going is optional, and you really only have to do your homework if you don't go to the class, otherwise, listening to what they say works best, kinda like college" Said my brother Matt, a junior, who liked to play on my fears of what was to come.

September, 2006
I don't know why I keep building my anxiety, high school was just like a bigger version of junior high. I was still friends with a lot of the same people as before as well as with some new people, the classes, just like every year of school, were only a little bit harder, even though Matt does like to play tricks on me, he did help me pick my classes, and my dad still drove me to school in the mornings. Now, don't get me wrong, it still was a big change from junior high, but it wasn't anything I couldn't deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment